YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
BYS Level 1 Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Alliance Australia <250 Hr Plus>
At Brisbane Yogaspace we are passionate about teaching and sharing yoga and about providing a complete and holistic approach to the journey of Yoga Teacher Training. We developed our Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training to do exactly that and our course is fully accredited by Yoga Alliance Australia allowing all students who successfully complete the course to be a Level 1 250 Plus Hr registered yoga teacher able to teach at home in Australia and internationally.
*Our next 250hr level 1 course will start in March 2019 and will run until December 2019 over 13 weekends.
*2019 Teacher Training Weekend dates:
Week 1 22-24 March
Week 2 12-14 April
Week 3 3-5 May
Week 4 24-26 May
Week 5 14-16 June
Week 6 5-7 July
Week 7 26-28 July
Week 8 6-8 September
Week 9 27-29 September
Week 10 18-20 October
Week 11 8-10 November
Week 12 29th Nov – 1st Dec
Week 13 13-15th December
Our BYS Level 1 Teacher Training is a Vinyasa Yoga Training based on Patanjali’s 8 Limbs of yoga. The course is suitable for people with at least 2 years regular yoga practice and a proven commitment to further deepening your understanding of yoga, whether that is for your own personal self development or to also become a qualified yoga teacher.
- The course will be run over 13 weekends – March to December 2019.
- Weekend in-studio training hours are Friday 6-8pm, Saturday 10.30-6pm and Sunday 10.30-3.30pm
- As well as attend ALL weekend study modules, Teacher Trainees will need to complete a certain amount of classes with Jacqui and Heather and other teachers at BYS, as well as do class observations and towards the end of the course, practice teaching a community class
- Head Training Facilitator Jacqui will be joined by other specialised senior yoga teachers and yoga specialists including Heather Kinang, Tam James, Cecilia Flux and Keren Cooksey (Falmouth YogaSpace) for philosophy sessions via Skype
- For the duration of the course, all classes at BYS are free of charge and it is expected that you will attend regular weekly classes as well as committing to a daily home yoga and meditation practice
- There is regular homework, reading and self-study which needs to be handed in on time as part of the accreditation criteria
- Final Course assessment will include one practical exam and one theory exam
- Our course is accredited with Yoga Alliance Australia and will enable you to register as a 250 hour level 1 yoga teacher upon successful completion
*Course Investment & Payment Options:
*Please note our Course Tuition fees include UNLIMTED CLASSES at our studio for the duration of the course
– Early Bird $3,700 (payable by 1st January in full)
– Full price $3,950 by 1st March
– Monthly payment plan $500 deposit by 1st March plus 10 monthly payments of $360 March to December.
- The 250 hour Level 1 Yoga Teacher Training course is meant to serve as an introduction to your path as a yoga teacher. Yoga is a lifelong journey and continuous study and professional development is essential and we can recommend further training in Australia or overseas as well as offering CPD courses and ongoing support and mentoring.
- To apply, please click on the Application Form below. Successful applicants should be in good health and have the time and dedication to undertake and complete this course so as to offer it the focus, respect and dedication it requires. Please think seriously about the commitment involved in undertaking this course and ensure you can attend all modules and allow the time required for classes and homework.
- Please note that paying for the course does not result in automotic accreditation as a yoga teacher. Meeting the course requirements includes classes attended, successful homework and course assessment, home practice and active course participation. These components together with embracing passion, commitment and dedication to the path of yoga and will result in BYS Yoga Teacher Training certification.
For more information, please read through the documents below of Course Outline and Frequently-Asked-Questions.
To apply please compete and forward the Application and Release Form or please email Jacqui…Upon receipt of your Application and Release form, we will be in touch to arrange a meeting to complete your application.
Jacqui Sellers and Keren Cooksey
*For more information on Yoga Alliance Australia please visit the Yoga Alliance International website.
Enquire about becoming a Yoga Teacher:
For more information about our course or to have a casual chat about the course with no obligations, please fill out the below form.
Professional Yoga Mentoring
Are you a new Yoga Teacher and want personalised support to help you navigate new teaching skills and learn more ways to enhance your journey both professionally and personally?
Professional Yoga Mentoring sessions can assist new teachers or those wanting to change or grow their careers into yoga, be prosperous in their profession. These sessions will provide individual care so that you are supported personally in a sometimes changing and competitive yoga and health industry.
Please contact us to discuss mentoring or a personal Yoga Teacher Development session.