Yoga Teacher Training
Yoga Teacher Training at Brisbane Yoga Space *next course starts April 2018.
Keren and Jacqui are passionate about teaching and sharing yoga and about providing a complete and holistic approach to yoga teacher training. We developed our vinyasa teacher training to do exactly that and it is fully accredited by Yoga Alliance International – the organisation for registration and certification of Yoga teachers and Yoga schools – allowing all students who complete the course to be a level 1 200 hour registered teacher able to teach at home in Australia and internationally.
*Our next 200hr level 1 course will start in April 2018 and will run every three weeks until December 2018.
BYS Level 1 Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training April to Dec 2018
The Level 1 Teacher Training is a Vinyasa yoga teacher training based on Patanjali’s 8 Limbs of yoga. The course is suitable for people with at least 2 years regular yoga practice and a proven commitment to further developing their understanding of yoga, whether that is for your own personal self development or to become a qualified yoga teacher.
- The course will be run over 14 weekends – April to December 2018. Weekend Module dates are on our BYS-200HOUR-LEVEL-1
- Weekend hours are Friday 6-8pm, Saturday 10.30-6pm and Sunday 10.30-3.30pm
- As well as study modules, you will need to complete a certain amount of classes with Jacqui, as well as do class observations and towards the end of the course, practice teaching class
- Jacqui will be joined by senior yoga teachers Trish Peacock (asana, assists and adjustments) Cecilia Flux (anatomy and physiology) as well as other specialist teachers including Keren for Skype philosophy sessions.
- For the duration of the course, all classes with Jacqui at BYS are free of charge and it is expected that you will attend regular weekly classes as well as committing to a daily home practice
- There is monthly homework which needs to be handed in on time as part of the accreditation criteria
- Course assessment will include two final exams, one practical and one theory
- Our course is accredited with Yoga Alliance Australia and will enable you to register as a 200 hour level 1 yoga teacher upon successful completion
- The course costs $3,400 early bird (payable by 1st February in full) or $3,600 by 1st April or if choosing a monthly payment plan $500 deposit by 1st April plus 9 monthly payments of $360 April to December.
- The 200 hour course is meant to serve as an introduction to your path as a teacher. Yoga is a lifelong journey and continuous study and professional development is essential and we can recommend further trainings in Australia or overseas as well as offering CPD courses and ongoing support and mentoring.
- To apply, please click on the link below. Successful applicants should be in good health and have the time and inner dedication to undertake and complete this course so as to offer it the focus, respect and dedication it requires. Please think seriously about the commitment involved in undertaking this course and ensure you can attend all modules and allow the time required for classes and homework. Paying for the course does not result in accreditation as a yoga teacher, meeting the course requirements (classes to attend, successful homework and assessment, home practice) together with embracing passion, commitment and dedication to the path of yoga will result in BYS certification.
For more information, please check out our faqs-bys or to apply please email Jacqui or complete the bys-application and bys-release-form, Jacqui will then be in touch to arrange a short interview to complete your application.
For more information on Yoga Alliance International please visit the Yoga Alliance International website.
Enquire about becoming a Yoga Teacher
For more information or to have a casual chat about the course with no obligations, please fill out the below form.